So today was my day back at the gym, since being off of it for a week and something. Nothing grand of a rest but much needed (mentally and physically). The best part of taking a break is coming back to the gym stronger. That is exactly what happened. So below I put my lifts and the reps associated with them 🙂
– dumbbell flat bench press (warm up exercise): 45s x 12 (last set)
– barbell flat bench press: 185 lbs x 5
– incline dumbbell bench press: 50s x 10
– decline barbell bench press: 3 sets of 135 lbs x 10 reps
By the time I reached the decline, my triceps literally were giving out before my chest was. I am thinking I need to add some serious close grip bench press to my routine, to help develop my triceps and their strength so they don’t give out before my chest does.
I had to hustle through my biceps routine, so I couldn’t max out. But I will still include it. So you are aware though, I curl 45s for 10 reps in dumbbell alternate bicep curls, 45s for hammer curls, and 70s for reps for barbell bicep curls.
– dumbbell alternate bicep curls: 35s x 12
– one arm hammer curls: 25s
I did some high cable bicep curls, but don’t think I’d include it as it was more low weight for as much reps as possible. I will say though, after only resting 30 seconds in between my bicep workout, I had the craziest pump 😛Read More »